Dear Reader

Random musings on reading and books from a librarian in training.


Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wishful thinking



Although I clearly have a problem with hoarding books, I've managed to build a decent sized wish list on Amazon and Paperback Swap. I thought it'd be fun to share some of the books hanging out on my wish list right now.
As you can see it's a varied list including some books and authors I've blogged about.
Some highlights:
He's a Stud, She's a Slut, and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know. I'm a faithful Feministing reader. I'm eager to read Valenti's latest work.
The Film Club: A Memoir - I recently heard the author and his son on NPR. When his son wanted to drop of high school, David Gilmour had one stipulation. His son had to watch three movies a week with him. His son is now headed to film school. They both seemed very down to earth.
Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. I love this title and she's always cracked me up every time I've seen her on a VHS special.
Don't You Forget About Me -- I enjoyed but enough about me enough that I'd like to read Dunn's upcoming novel.
Dead as a Doornail -- Charlaine Harris. I recently realized I don't actually own the entire Sookie Stackhouse series. That can simply cannot be allowed.
What's on your wish list?

No comments:

Subscribe Now!