Dear Reader

Random musings on reading and books from a librarian in training.


Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tori & Comics ... swoon


All the world just stopped now
So you say you don't wanna stay together anymore
Let me take a deep breath babe
If you need me
Me and Neil'll be hangin' out with the dream king
Neil says hi
By the way I don't believe you're leaving
Cause me and Charles Manson like the same ice cream
I think it's that girl
And I think there're pieces of me you've never seen
Maybe she's just pieces of me you've never seen well

I’m going to raise the geek flag high on this one and say when I heard that there was a Tori Amos graphic novel coming out I was thrilled.

Comic Book Tattoo, which comes out in July, will be a collection of graphic stories inspired by Tori Amos songs.

She has a connection with graphic novels - Tori Amos and Neil Gaiman – Sandman creator – become friendly after Tori mentioned him in “Tear in Your Hand” (lyrics above). Gaiman’s character Delirium is also supposedly based on Amos.

On Image Comics Web site, Amos is quoted saying: “I have been surprised, excited and pleasantly shocked by these comics that are extensions of the songs that I have loved and therefore welcome these amazing stories of pictures and words because they are uncompromisingly inspiring …It shows you thought is a powerful formidable essence and can have a breathtaking domino effect."

I’ve seen Tori several times in concert. There’s something so mysterious and magical about her songs. Some are like little puzzles and some are like some warped fairy tales.

SHE'S YOUR COMICS: Tori Amos' "Comic Book Tattoo" - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=15838

(The above image comes from Image Comics Web site)



No comments:

Subscribe Now!