Dear Reader

Random musings on reading and books from a librarian in training.


Saturday, April 19, 2008

Splurging in Harvard Square

Last night I saw Cheryl Wheeler at Club Passim. It's first show I've ever seen inside Club Passim (I saw Richard Thompson at a Club Passim event, but it was the show was in a larger venue.) What a great place to see a show. It's a very intimate setting. Cheryl is also a great storyteller. She told so many funny and sweet stories.

Before the show, I went on for me what was a mini-shopping spree. I went to the Coop and bought The Ten-Cent Plague and Michael Chabon's Maps and Legends. The picture does not do Chabon's cover justice. There's three separate flaps making up the dust jacket. I read about both books on Pop Candy. After she wrote this about Maps and Legends, how could I not add it to my wish list.

"Each time I hang out with his work, I feel like I'm a better person for it."





There might have been some frivolous purchases too! I stopped in at Tokyo Kid and bought two Fruits Basket plushes. Here's Nisa with Shigure.

No comments:

Subscribe Now!