I just read about the ORBIS TERRARUM Challenge! And thought this sounded pretty fun. In a nutshell, the challenge is to read nine books by nine different authors from nine different countries by December 20.
In no particular order, here’s my picks:
1. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez (
2. Death in the Andes - Mario Vargas Llosa (
3. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami (
4. Deafening - Frances Itani (
5. Night Watch - Sergei Lukyanenko (
7. Mr. Pip - Lloyd Jones (
8. How Green Was My Valley - Richard Llewellyn (
9. Closely Watched Trains - Bohumil Hrabal (
Some of these have been on my list to read for a long time like One Hundred Years of Solitude. It’s a little all over the map here ::ducks:: some magic realism, science fiction and fantasy and more.
I’m looking forward to the challenge.