Dear Reader

Random musings on reading and books from a librarian in training.


Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Best Books of 2007

Bookmarks magazine has compiled multiple best books of 2007 lists and created a handy score card. Now those of you at home keeping track of these things, can learn that The Yiddish Policeman's Union and The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao tied for the most mentions - 11 each.

For those of you unfamiliar with Bookmarks, it compiles book reviews, summarizes reviewers comments and gives them an overall score. There's also feature articles and news. I think it's geared towards librarians and those purchasing large numbers of books. Geeks like me find it a great source for reading ideas.

Some highlights --Tree of Smoke also was on 11 lists. Away by Amy Bloom was on eight lists. (This is on my to read list.) On the non-fiction side, Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA, got eight nods. Brother I'm Dying - another one I have my eye on -- received six mentions.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Subscribe Now!