Dear Reader

Random musings on reading and books from a librarian in training.


Friday, June 13, 2008

Life Sucks

I wish I could say that I’ve plowed through a bunch of books on my vacation. I did learn that you can get chemically induced leukemia after years of selenium poisoning. (Thanks Lifetime Movie Network! Keeping women afraid of marriage/ poisoning/ stalking/ murder for years!)

I did finish Life Sucks, a compact graphic novel that was Clerks meets Angel. Dave is a vampire stuck in a dead-end job working for his master at a 24-hour convenience store. He and obnoxious, rich surfer dude fall for the same goth chick, Rosa.

I thought it was entertaining. It’s a quick, light read. Vampire slackers.

Dave refuses to drink blood from humans relying on bottled blood or expired blood bank blood. As a result his vampire powers are weakened. The way he explains the vampire life to Rosa makes it out to be one of mundane tasks, working a dead-end job at the mercy of your master.

The ending really cried out for a sequel. I want to know what will happen with Rosa and Dave. Will true love save the day?

First Second blog: http://comics-and-more.blogspot.com/2008/05/life-sucks.html

No comments:

Subscribe Now!