Dear Reader

Random musings on reading and books from a librarian in training.


Thursday, June 12, 2008

DeCordova Visit





I've been lax about posting lately. I'm on a "staycation" but have been kind of lame. Give me snow, rain or very cold weather, I'm fine. Give me really hot and humid weather and I'm a puddle. The heat finally broke (at least outside, it's still an oven in my apartment). I decided to head somewhere I've never been before - the DeCordova Sculpture Park in Lincoln, Mass.

The park is about 35 acres and has a wide variety of sculptures. According to the Web site, the park is the only large ongoing exhibition of
contemporary outdoor sculpture in New England.

www.decordova.org/index.html

I think my favorite sculpture was Cones. It was placed in a clearing in a patch of woods and featured an gathering a cone people in a circle filled with cones. The sculpture is made of steel and pine cones (I don't think my picture fully captures how cool it was.) The above pictures also include hearing trumpet, which captured my fancy, Reflex and Listening Stone.

No comments:

Subscribe Now!