Dear Reader

Random musings on reading and books from a librarian in training.


Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm not into this movie


When I went to the movies this weekend, I saw a truly horrific trailer. The cast looked okay. Well, Bradley Cooper formerly of Alias and some big names like Ben Affleck, Drew Barrymore, her squeeze Justin Long ("I'm a Mac") and Scarlett Johansson are in it. It was ::shudder:: He's Just Not That Into You, based on the self-help book that apparently aims to tell women if men are sending mixed signals, maybe it's a sign he's not that into you and you should move on.

I won't bash the book because I've never read it, but in general I'm not a fan of taking something like a self-help book and turning it into a movie. Is there really enough gist for a movie here? And, ugh, do I really want to watch another movie/tv show/ etc. where intelligent successful women pine after emotionally unavailable man-children? Let me guess... women are needy, men are commitment phobes without the guts to tell women they aren't interested. Fascinating.

The clips below. Judge for yourself. I'll be watching the next Batmen movie or Hellboy 2 (the trailers for both were awesome!). HELLBOY!!!!!



No comments:

Subscribe Now!