Dear Reader

Random musings on reading and books from a librarian in training.


Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Lion Named Christian

I'll admit I'm a sap. I've been known to tear up at Hallmark ads, cry every year when I hear Happy Christmas (War is Over) and definitely was, ahem, misty eyed when I watched A Lion Named Christian.

If you have not seen this video, it's definitely been making the rounds lately. The video is about two Londoners who bought a lion cub at Harrods. Eventually the lion - Christian - grew too big for them to care for. He was introduced back to the wilds of Africa. A year later, they decided they wanted to see their pet again despite warnings that he might not recognize them and that it was dangerous. In the video, we see Christian embracing the two men.



According to Short Stack, a book the two men wrote about their experiences is being republished, A Lion Named Christian.

I'll admit that the video is a tad cheesy, but very sweet. I find it interesting that after all this time there's a resurgence of interest in their story.


By the way, Short Stack will now be posting daily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U&eurl=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/shortstack/2008/09/awwwwww.html

No comments:

Subscribe Now!