Dear Reader

Random musings on reading and books from a librarian in training.


Thursday, September 11, 2008

Election Reading Habits

Amazon has a neat feature up to examining political reading habits by state.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000261611&tag=omnivoracious-20


I would not say there's any big surprises here. In my home state - Massachusetts -- 58 percent are reading Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Obama. 42 percent are reading McCain's Faith of My Fathers.

In Palin's state, Alaska, 64 percent are reading Sarah: How a Hockey Mom Turned Alaska' Political Establishment Upside Down.

I thought it was interesting that in formerly staunch red state NH, 45 percent were reading Zinn's A People's History of the United States.

Regardless of your party, there's a lot of books out there on both candidates. I just downloaded Obama's biography. I'm interested in hearing it.

No comments:

Subscribe Now!